Last Updated: August 11, 2011
Please make sure you read through this agreement thoroughly to understand what information Revark.com ("Revark.com") collects about you when you use Revark.com (the "Site"), its associated subdomains, applications provided by Revark.com on third-party websites such as Facebook.com and Twitter.com, mobile or device applications provided by Revark.com, as well as any interfaces Revark.com may provide for authorized external parties to interact with and make use of a subset or all of the Site's data and functionality (the "API"), and who Revark.com may share this information with.
- 1.1 User: for the purpose of the agreement, a "user" shall be defined as someone who is either directly interacting with the service or someone who is interacting with the service via any third party who is using the API.
- 1.2 Personally Identifiable Information: unencrypted data that encompasses a User's email address, address of residence, phone number, or combined first and last name.
- 1.3 Public information: data which a user has submitted to the Service, or has been accumulated by the Service through its use, and is available to be viewed and/or consumed by any user of the Service or the general public. This may include, but is not necessarily limited to playlists, tags, comments, listening history, and/or information accessible on a user's public profile.
- 1.4 Anonymous Information: data which a user has submitted to the Service, or has been accumulated by the Service, that is not reasonably able to be connected to or associated with any Personally Identifiable Information.
- 1.5 Protected Private Information: PayPal username, PayPal password, credit card number, credit card expiration date, credit card CSC, credit card type, and password (plain text or encrypted).
2. Information we collect and who can access it:
- 2.1 Public information. To provide the needed data to make the Service possible, Revark.com collects and stores information that includes, but is not necessarily limited to, user information submitted during sign-up, profile information, and User Content. Revark.com stores and in some cases displays this information for an indefinite amount of time. Revark.com may provide third parties with public information about users as long as it can not be reasonably tied to personally identifiable information.
- 2.2 Public information and the API Revark.com may share public information (excluding any Personally Identifiable Information) via the API. Revark.com may continue to share Public Information with an external party for an indefinite period of time.
- 2.3 Personally identifiable information Revark.com collects, stores, and in some cases displays Personally Identifiable Information within the Service. This information is needed to enable certain features the Service provides, and is stored for an indefinite period of time. Personally Identifiable Information will not be shared with any third party without consent from the user unless otherwise stated in this policy or the Terms of Service.
You should also be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information on message boards, in chat areas, or other openly viewable parts of the service, that information can be viewed publicly and can be collected and used by third parties without our knowledge and may result in unsolicited messages from other individuals or third parties. Such activities are beyond the control of Revark.com and this policy.
- 2.4 Personally identifiable information and the API: certain features in the Service may allow for or be introduced to allow for integration between the Service and other third party services. In order for some features to be provided, some Personally Identifiable Information may need to be transferred between Revark.com and the third party who is using the service.
Should you utilize any feature or piece of functionality in the Service and (A) provide your username and/or password for a third party service or (B) authorize the exchange of data from the third party service to the Service via third parties' website, API, or product, you authorize Revark.com to share your Personally Identifiable Information with such a third party service with the exception of any Protected Private Information which will not be shared.
- 2.5 Anonymous Information: Revark.com records anonymous information about users of the service, which is stored for an indefinite period of time. This information may be shared with any 3rd party Revark.com chooses at any time and for any length of time, including making this data available via the API.
- 2.6 IP Address Information: When you use the Site and/or Service, the IP Address of the computer or network device making the request is stored. IP address information is stored indefinitely by Revark.com and may be shared with a third party as long as such IP Address information can not be reasonably associated with any Personally Identifiable Information.
- 3.1 Revark.com does not guarantee the safety or accuracy of any third party site, advertisement, or product. Advertisers also have their own privacy policies and terms of service that must be carefully reviewed.
- 3.2 Revark.com may allow third parties to place cookies and/or other tracking technologies, such as web beacons, clear GIFs, and/or tracking pixels, on the Site for the purpose of allowing that third party to record that a User has visited the Site and/or used the Service, or to gather other information, provided that such a third party is not given access to any Personally Identifiable Information.
- Revark.com is currently partners with Google Adwords and DoubleClick, who place a tracking cookie through the Site and/or Service onto Users' computers. Revark.com is not giving Google any access to any Personally Identifiable Information.
- 4.1 Revark.com reserves the right to revise/alter this agreement at any time with no notice given. Any updates will be posted to this page, with the last updated information changed accordingly.
- 4.2 Revark.com does not knowingly collect or solicit Personally Identifiable Information from or about children under 13 except as permitted by law. If we discover we have received any information from a child under 13 in violation of this policy, we will delete that information immediately. If you believe Revark.com has any information from or about anyone under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
- 4.3 This Agreement and the relationship between you and Revark.com shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and Revark.com agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the State of California.
- 4.4 You hereby indemnify and hold harmless, and upon Revark.com's request, defend, Revark.com its affiliates (and their respective directors, officers and employees) from and against any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) arising out of any external party gaining access and or utilizing Revark.com's API in a way which violates Revark.com's API TOS.